Gahanna Ohio Tax Preparation
New Albany Ohio Tax Preparation
Worthington Ohio Tax Preparation

Dublin Ohio Tax Preparation

Hilliard Ohio Tax Preparation
Lewis Center Ohio Tax Preparation
Polaris Columbus Ohio Tax Preparation
Powell Ohio Tax Preparation

Gahanna Ohio Tax Preparation
New Albany Ohio Tax Preparation
Worthington Ohio Tax Preparation
Lewis Center Ohio Tax Preparation
Polaris Columbus Ohio Tax Preparation
Westerville Ohio Tax Preparation
3rd party applications integrated with QuickBooks 
CPA (Certified Public Accountant) 
Financial Services 
Fixed asset management 
Income tax preparation/planning 
Intuit Payroll 
Lawn Care/Landscaping 
Medical/Dental/Health Services 
Non Profit 
Property Management 
QuickBooks Basic, Pro, Premier 
QuickBooks Consulting 
QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 
QuickBooks for Mac 
QuickBooks Online Edition 
QuickBooks Payroll 
QuickBooks Payroll Products 
QuickBooks phone consultation 
QuickBooks Point of Sale 
QuickBooks Premier: Contractor Edition 
QuickBooks Premier: Manufacturing and QuickBooks Premier: Nonprofit Edition 
QuickBooks Premier: Professional Services QuickBooks Premier: Retail Edition 
QuickBooks setup 
QuickBooks Simple Start Edition 
QuickBooks training/seminars 
Real Estate/Developer 
Tax & Financial Planning 
Tax Preparer 

Amending a tax return

Correction of an error

An amended tax return generally allows you to file again to correct your filing status, your income or to add deductions or credits you may have missed.

Here are nine points the IRS wants you to know about amending your federal income tax return.

Use Form 1040X, 

Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, to file an amended income tax return.Use Form 1040X to correct previously filed Forms 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ.

An amended return cannot be filed electronically, thus you must file it by paper.

​Generally, you do not need to file an amended return due to math errors. The IRS will automatically make that correction. Also, do not file an amended return because you forgot to attach tax forms such as W-2s or schedules. The IRS normally will send a request asking for those.

Be sure to enter the year of the return you are amending at the top of Form 1040X.

Generally, you must file Form 1040X within three years from the date you filed your original return or within two years from the date you paid the tax, whichever is later.

If you are amending more than one tax return, prepare a 1040X for each return and mail them in separate envelopes to the appropriate IRS campus.

The 1040X instructions list the addresses for the campuses.If the changes involve another schedule or form, you must attach that schedule or form to the amended return.

If you are filing to claim an additional refund, wait until you have received your original refund before filing Form 1040X.

You may cash that check while waiting for any additional refund.If you owe additional 2010 tax, file Form 1040X and pay the tax before the due date to limit interest and penalty charges that could accrue on your account. Interest is charged on any tax not paid by the due date of the original return, without regard to extensions.

Your state tax liability may be affected by a change made on your federal return. For information on how to correct your state tax return, contact your state tax agency.

Gary Wilson, CPA​​​​​​​​​​​

Accounting and Tax Preparation                                                 

(614) 361-4760 * Westerville, Ohio 

We're here to make the accounting and tax preparation user friendly! ​​